( Clyde's Great Great Grandfather )
Mary “Polly” MULLINS (BRYANT) on 25 APR 1861 in Pike Co. KY .
Born: ABT 1847 in KY.
Father: Marshall Mullins ( Bryant)
Mother: Polly Vanover
John and Mary had the following children:
- Savilla Farmer born 1863 in Kentucky; married Franklin Rose.
- Arty Farmer born December 1865 in Kentucky, died 11/7/1937. She had 4 children, 2 still living at her death. She joined the Samaria ORB Church ca 1910.
- Rebecca Farmer born October 1872 in Kentucky (1900 Pike County, Kentucky
Census); issue: Samuel Farmer born April 1890 Kentucky.
- Marshall B. A. Farmer born April 1873 in Kentucky; married (1) Virginia (surname not learned) and (2) Liddie (surname not learned).
- America J. Farmer born 1876 in Kentucky.
- Bethena Farmer born January 1877 in Kentucky; married 1894 E. S. (Shird) Rowe born October 26, 1872 in Kentucky. d: Oct 31 1957, son of Charley and Katy Rowe; 7 boys 2 girls, 5 deceased, leaving, Lonza, Linza, Fred, and Jim; Member of the Old Regular Baptist Church.
- Mary Farmer born October, 29, 1880 in Kentucky; married George Stalker.
- John Farmer Jr. born September 1881 in Kentucky: died February 10, 1950 in Pikeville, Pike County, KY. [COD]
- Merida Farmer born July 1884 in Kentucky; died July 30, 1912 in Pike County, KY. [COD].
- Rosa Francis Farmer born May 1887 in Kentucky; married Rufus HACKNEY, the son of Alex Hackney; 3 girls 4 boys; 2 died in infancy. Member of the Old Regular Baptist Church.
John A. Farmer and his brother Osmond (Oss) both served during the Civil War, but on opposite sides. I don’t have any information that they were ever present at the same battle. I can’t help but wonder though, how could they look across the field of battle and not wonder if one of the soldiers facing them from the other side might be their brother?
If you have additional information or find a correction that needs to be made,
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT.